Mobile games are the great example of successful mobile application ranges from simple free games to paid games, of course with a lot of in-app purchases available in the “free games” for players to fasten up their mobile gaming experiences.
In-app purchases itself has been the fundamental sales of any games for decades. It’s mostly found in any games but mostly in the MMORPG games. A massive multiplayer role-playing game is the best way to make profitable in-app sales, because it involves competition among players.
Let’s say a website games like Wartune has been embedded their in-app purchase in monthly events, and weekly events, and its getting costly for players to get even catch up with the big shark players of the game.
In-app purchases makes a player stays ahead in the game and also make game challenges easier and satisfactory. But is it going to beat the revenue of game’s platform like PS4, X-Box, and Microsoft? I surely doubt that.
So how much the cost to build a mobile app? Kinvey said at the average of USD 270,000 per app which can be developed in 7 to 12 months. The most expensive mobile games among them are Clown Punching game (USD 300) and Gun Bros Apathy Bear (USD 600), which is totally not worth it to purchase. With that amount of money, you can get few awesome games with lower prize.
With that being said, there are a few pros and cons of mobile games compared to other platforms.
- Despite the fact that they are games in Mobile Phone with lesser graphic than other platform, it is actually still has it’s edge on the excellent graphics and sound, but of course there are bunch of worst graphic games which i rather not say.
- It has pretty much simple control for more challenging games, and easy game controls. As such in shooting games like Gangstar New Orleans, it use pretty much perfect auto aim.
- They are cheap and low cost but still fun and satisfactory to pass time or to build character over time, such as Blades of Brims and Pro Evolution Soccer Club Manager which you don’t have to be there everyday to do the game but simply do it when you have time.
- As many other games, some mobile games can be very addictive, and there the in-app purchases offer is there for you to engage.
- It has the multiplayer also, league, and leaderboard which extend the game further which are very great for competitions.
- Mobile Games are very easy to dismissed by the Developer, I have 4 to 5 games that i play consistently and someday the developers “SADLY” stop its production, meanwhile I already “invested” in the game with my in-app purchases.
- Some game difficulty is inconsistent, easy games are great, but going to a dungeon with same level enemies as the characters and still die is unthinkable.
- There is some problem with mobile screen for finger sweeps, a fps game with manual shooting is hell for mobile game, but even with other type of games, sometimes we missed the finger placements.
- Some levels are repetitive and you have to use many sweep tickets for obtaining a lot of resources for upgrades which pretty much unbelievable took time if you do manual grinding.
Mobile gaming has low cost development rather than any other platform games, yet it has provide gamers with easy and great value even though the control is not as comfortable as console or PC gaming as an example.
But any video games has very great opportunities to grow no matter what platform they were, and selling video games is one of other thing people do to make money out of this enormous games developments.
I hope you enjoy my post! Please share your thoughts in the comment below!
Photo on VisualHunt.com