Mafia III is an action-adventure video game developed by Hangar 13 and published by 2K for PS4 and other platform. It is the 3rd of all Mafia Series. The setting is in New Bordeaux, which in the fact is New Orleans.
The Protagonist is Lincoln Clay, a war hero, if not a veteran, who was coming home and start working for a mafia. But, there is a twist, the Mafia Boss betrayed him and kill his families and almost cost him his life too.
He is just barely lucky. After that, he was contacted by a CIA agent and offer him an undeniable offer, he helps the CIA to take down the Mafia Boss and by all means, anything neccessary to kill the mafia and all their networks. Then, in doing this massive operation, he recruits 3 other allies, giving them territory after he took action securing and grabbing areas which controlled by the Mafia.
In no time, he was building his own empire. Now, I have enjoyed playing this game and here are the Pros and Cons of this game due to my gaming experiences.
- It’s easy to control, auto aim is very advance. I don’t need a lot of thought about how to aim my weapon. It’s literally just hide and shoot.
- Good graphics and story flow. It has multiple ends and you can control how you play the game with your 3 other allies.
- Car Racing. Some games took in New Orleans somehow always have car racing GTA-like, but it’s not bad, I can still enjoy the game.
- Some controls are in the same button (ie. Square for open the door and square also for reload). I found myself almost died every time this happened.
- It takes a few seconds delay to make action from previous action in critical situation resulting in death.
When it comes to playing of the game itself, here are my suggestions :
- Upgrade your weapon especially the silencer which you will need to silent infiltration to enemy territory and police territory also, and smg (to make great hit on enemies)
- Upgrade your allies assistance including cut off the phone communication, calling bodyguard, and cars.
- Always do the side mission to increase money for upgrade and do the communication tap, it enables you to not killing some boss area but to make them your allies also, and you can gain significant revenue.
- Check your equipments before going to enemy territory, what’s best in one territory is not best in others
- Be prepare for surprise and excitement!!! Car Racing, Car Jumping, Intercepted by enemies when doing mission, and Failed a mission due to the above reasons.
Okay, Okay … That’s all what you need to know! Believe me, its fun to play this game,! Even now, I’m writting this review, I really just want to jump to my PS4 and play the game!
That’s it guys. See you on another review! And Please tell me about your suggestion or critics in the comment.
Check out my video on Mafia III below!!